The black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) is the most well known of the five living rhinoceros species, with its aggressive reputation and highly publicised international conservation drive. Black rhinoceros are in fact grey in colour and are distinguished from the other African species (which is also grey) the white rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum), by its pointed, prehensile upper lip; white rhinoceros have square lips. Both African rhinoceros species possess two horns, made from clumped fibres rather than bone, and the taller front horn may be 60 centimetres or longer. It is estimated that 96 % of the black rhino population was lost between 1970 and 1992. The black rhino has a characteristic pointed, prehensile upper lip, which is adapted for grasping leaves and twigs.
- It played Heimlich in A Wildlife's Life
- It played Don Gourdon in WildlifeTales
- It played Huntsman in Elephant White and the Seven Jungle Cats (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Joe "J.J." Ranft in African Animals, Inc.
- It played Torosaurus in Speckles the Leopard
- It played Savage Woog in We're Back! An Amazon Animal's Story
- It played Diesel in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Brontotherium in North American Age series
- It played Styracosaurus in AFRICAN ANIMAL
- It played Zeo Zord IV in Animal Rangers Zeo
- It played Woog in We're Back!: An African Animal's Story
- It played Dim in An African Animal's Life (NatureRules1 Version)